BALASHA-JALON INFRASTRUCTURE SYSTEMS Ltd. (BJIS) was established early in 1999 following a reorganization of Balasha-Jalon Consultants & Engineers Ltd. after 45 years of successful engineering operation. The company's goal in the reorganization was to preserve Balasha-Jalon's know-how while responding to current market requirements.
BALASHA-JALON INFRASTRUCTURE SYSTEMS Ltd. was founded by three well known and respectable engineers: Eldad Doron, B.Sc.CE; Eran Harel, B.Sc.CE and Arie Messing, M.Sc.CE - qualified and experienced in the various fields of civil engineering, water and sewerage works.
On February 2011 Eldad Doron passed away and his son, Yaron Doron, joined the company later on that year. Yaron has a vast experience in projects and products management in the high-tech industry and he uses his skills to manage all the administrative aspects of the company while Eran Harel and Arie Messing can both focus on design and engineering.
BJIS manages and implements its current and forecast engineering works with a highly experienced and qualified team of employees.
The firm's fields of activity cover:
- Water works including water resources development; water supply and water treatment flood control and municipal drainage, and hydraulic (including hydro-electric) structures;
- Municipal and industrial sewerage schemes, sewage treatment plants; reuse of treated effluent, waste disposal, and ecological and environmental studies;
- Irrigation and drainage; land improvement, design of farms and the implementation of agricultural projects;
- Town planning, housing estates, rural centers and industrial parks, and environmental impact studies.
The firm's clients include various ministries and agencies of the Government of Israel; as well as:
- Local councils
- Development and investment companies and industrial enterprises.
Balasha-Jalon operates in various countries, drawing on the integrated global experience of the firm's personnel.
These international activities have included numerous projects in Nigeria, Ghana, Ivory Coast, Tanzania, Kenya, Uganda, Spain, Greece, Cyprus, Iran, Peru, Mexico, Brazil, Barbados, Guatemala and the Philippines. The firm's principals and senior employees have dedicated a considerable part of their professional careers to a variety of projects and hold various distinguished public and academic appointments.
The company has recently decided to enter a new field - natural gas transmission, conversion plant to use natural gas, and preparations for it. In this context, the company has signed a cooperation agreement with a foreign company that is an expert having vast experience in the issue of natural gas, designing lines and facilities, converting factories, etc.
The company obtained ISO 9001:2008 certification for its quality management system on May 14th, 2000.