This hydroelectric power plant is located along the Samala` river, in the southwest region of Guatemala.
BJIS prepared the detailed design including civil, mechanical electrical and control engineering and general of supervision construction.
Basic Design Facts:
- Project Flow (m3/sec): 13.4
- River Flow (m3/sec): 500 (return period 1:1000)
- Head (m): 400
- Electrical output: (MW): 47
Major Project's Components:
- Concrete weir with rubber dam
- Conveyance tunnel (1,215 m long, 3/15 m diameter)
- Regulating reservoir, 200,000 cum effective volume
- Penstock, 2,280 m long 1.8 m - 2.2 m diameter
- Power house, 2 GE 23.5 MW turbines . 2 synchronous alternators
- Step-up transformers from 13.8 kv to 69kv
- Overhead transmission line, 69 kv 4.2 km