Liquid Process and Facilities General Background
This W.W.T.P serves the city of Abuja, the Capital of the federal republic of Nigeria. At first phase of construction the W.W.T.P will serve a population of 700,000.
The plant will be extended in the future.
BJIS prepared the general and the detailed design including process, civil, mechanical electrical and control engineering and general of supervision construction.
Basic Design Facts
- Average Design Flow (m3/day): 131,200
- Average B.O.D. Load (Kg/day): 66,000
- Effluent Quality (BOD/TSS/N): 15/20/10
Liquid Process and Facilities
B.N.R Activated Sludge, low f/m (high S.R.T)
· 3 Archimedes pumps f2.4m
· Coarse screens
· Fine screens
· Grit removal
· Oxidation ditches with 72 mammoth rotor aerators – 3,500 Kw
· Final clarifiers
· U.V. disinfection of effluent.
· Effluent are discharged to river Wupa
Sludge Process and Facilities
· Stabilization within reactors (high S.R.T)
· Sludge tank
· G.B.T. units for thickening
· Earth lagoons for dewatering